What’s better than coming home to a wagging tail & slobbery face? Nothing! Other than multiple wagging tails!!!
National Dog Day is August 26th, so here are a few ways to celebrate!
- Adopt a dog from your local shelter or pure breed rescue organization. Volunteer at your local shelter and offer to walk a dog or play with a dog, clean cages or anything else they need help with. (CLICK HERE for links to some of our local shelters)
- Donate blankets, food and toys to animal welfare organizations.
- Order an adorable dog shaped flower arrangement from 1-800-Flowers.com and enjoy a 10% discount by using code DOG when placing your order!
- Have a National Dog Day party and invite all your friends and their dogs!
- Assist an ill or elderly neighbor by walking their dog.
- Have a portrait painted of your dog to suspend the fleeting magic of dogdom.
- Buy your dog a fun new dog toy….or two…or five. (We have a great selection of toys for your dog in our Pet Boutique!)
- Give your dog some fun exercise by taking him or her to a dog park or to the lake.
- Brush your dog to eliminate excess fur.
- Give your dog a massage or spa treatment. (Call us today at 972-385-3555 to schedule an appointment with our grooming department!)
- Duke Bath
- Teach your dog a new trick. (CLICK HERE to find a trainer to make your dog the best pet for you and your family)
- Buy your dog a fashionable collar and leash. (We have a wide variety to choose from in our Pet Boutique and can even special order one for your furry family member!)
- Hire a professional pet photographer for a fun photo shoot.
- Share your favorite photos of your dog on our Facebook page! (CLICK HERE to “like” our page!)
Have a pawsome day!