Bernie here! Hope you all had a wonderful May & June! It’s getting mighty warm in Dallas, which means it’s my favorite season, PICNIC SEASON, *ahem* Summer!
Since you’re probably thinking “What’s Bernie’s favorite thing to do in the summer?” Wait no longer! I’ll tell you. Besides playing with my sister Jocelyn, I love going out for walks, chasing balls, napping, protecting the yard from squirrels and rabbits, and spending time with my family especially when Dr. Morse is grilling…I can smell the burgers now mmm.
Sorry I had to take a break and go get myself a treat and gather myself, back to what I was saying. Summer is a time for picnics and outside parties, everyone gets to eat delicious foods, but what about us dogs? Well, no need to worry. I took the liberty of gathering some tasty and healthy, all family member recipes to share with you all, but just a warning, I may start drooling all over the screen while I write this one out.
The recipe for this month is SLIDERS / BUNS and it comes from our friends over at Cesar’s Way:
You Will Need
- 1/2 lb of ground Turkey (yum)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
How To Make Them
- Stir together the ground turkey, egg, and parsley
- Use your hands and mold 1/2 in thick patties
- Heat up your grill to medium and brush the grate with oil
- Grill the patties for about 10 minutes, only turn once
- And of course, with any grilling, let it cool before serving…you don’t want to burn anyone’s mouth!
- Bring me one of these
Sweet Potato Buns
You will need:
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) olive oil
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) dried rosemary
How to make them:
- Cut potato into 1/4-inch (2/3 cm) thick slices; toss with oil and rosemary.
- Place slices on grill and close lid.
- Cook about 8 minutes per side, until tender.
- Place sliders on buns and let cool before serving.
- Most Important Step. Bring me one of these too!
Combine the two and voila! You have yourself a tasty meal that not only I can enjoy, but you can too! Stay tuned for next month when I share the next recipe with you! I am going to play with Jocelyn now! Share in the comments when you’ve made a recipe and let us know how you liked it!