Happy Friday everyone, Bernie here!
I’m here to tell y’all about these awesome peanut butter treats that you can make at home for your pups! I mean, I guess humans can eat them too.
HOMEMADE PEANUT BUTTER DOG TREATS
prep time: 25 MINUTES
cook time: 25 MINUTES
total time: 50 MINUTES
The easiest homemade dog treats ever – simply mix, roll and cut. Easy peasy, and so much healthier than store-bought!
- 2/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup peanut butter*
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups whole wheat flour, or more, as needed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat; set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat pumpkin puree, peanut butter and eggs on medium-high until well combined, about 1-2 minutes. Gradually add 2 1/2 cups flour at low speed, beating just until incorporated. Add an additional 1/4 cup flour at a time just until the dough is no longer sticky.
- Working on a lightly floured surface, knead the dough 3-4 times until it comes together. Using a rolling pin, roll the dough to 1/4-inch thickness. Using cookie cutters, cut out desired shapes and place onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Place into oven and bake until the edges are golden brown, about 20-25 minutes. *
- Let cool completely.
*Baking time will vary depending on the size and thickness of the treats. Serving size will also vary depending on the desired shapes and cookie cutters used.
( Click HERE for the original link to the recipe)
*When making these treats, please be aware of any peanut butter you may choose that has Xylitol in it. Please look at the ingredients list to be sure.*
Share a picture with us of your pet enjoying their treats on our Facebook page
or tag us on Instagram (@cornerstoneac)!