At Cornerstone Animal Clinic, we understand the importance of taking your time when choosing the best animal doctor for your beloved furry family member. You want to make sure the business is reputable, the facilities are clean, the staff members are animal people, and your pet feels comfortable there. This is why we are available on weekdays and Saturdays for appointments and to answer any questions you may have about our clinic.
Does your dog just need a quick checkup? No problem. Stop into our clinic today and your dog will be seen. Don’t have a dog? That’s okay too. At Cornerstone we treat all breeds of dogs and cats; our goal is to help you keep your pet healthy and we strive to succeed with every pet every time. Feel free to contact us at any time if you have any questions about your pet’s health or our clinic services.
Help Your Pet Feel Safe at the Veterinarian
Just like you, your pet might find visits to the animal doctor’s office to be a stressful experience. If your normally calm, friendly pet becomes a nervous bundle of energy during a vet visit, there are many steps you can take to help turn their experience into a positive one.
- Go for Joyrides: If your pet only rides in the car to visit the veterinary office, it might know what’s coming as soon as it enters the vehicle. Take your pet on trips to the pet store, visits to the dog park, play dates with dog-loving friends and family members, and other fun outings to decrease negative associations with vehicle rides.
- Wait in the Car: Does your pet become fearful while waiting in the waiting room? Ask us if you can wait in the car instead! We can call or text you when it’s time for your appointment.
- Offer Treats: Treats make everything better, including vet visits. Bring your pet’s favorite snacks to their appointment and offer them periodically throughout the exam. Give some of your treats to our team so that we can administer them as well.
- Practice: Get your pet used to the poking and prodding they will receive at the vet from an early point. Spend a lot of time at home mimicking your veterinarian’s actions with your pet. Run your hands over their body, take a look at their ears and mouth, and gently press on their abdomen. Offer treats after every mini exam to help associate good things with the experience.
- Take a Tour of our Veterinary Office: Visiting our clinic just to say hello can show your pet that it’s not such a scary place. Creating positive experiences can help your pet associate visits to our clinic with good feelings, making your next visit much more stress-free.
Do you want to get a preliminary impression of Cornerstone Animal Clinic? Use the map below to navigate our facilities in the Dallas, TX area! We also encourage you to reach out today if you’d like to schedule a tour!