Pet Exams in Dallas, TX
Your pets quickly become family, offering a special bond and endless love. It’s essential to care for our pets just like we would one of our children. While children are usually good at telling their parents when something is wrong, your pet is unable to do so. As pet owners, we need to be aware of changes in their day-to-day behavior to discern when things are not right. You can easily supplement your observations and achieve peace of mind by bringing your pet into our veterinary clinic for a pet exam. Regular check-ups with our team can help ensure your pet is happy and healthy.
The Importance of Routine Pet Exams
Bringing your pet to our clinic for a routine exam serves many of the same purposes as attending your own annual physical. This is the time that we will check your pet for any possible issues, assess its overall health, and make recommendations based on our findings. A regular exam can benefit you and your pet in the following ways:
- Keep Your Pet Current: Pet exams give our veterinarian the opportunity to ensure your pet is up-to-date on its vaccinations. We can work with you to help protect your pets from serious illnesses by ensuring that they get their necessary vaccinations at the appropriate times.
- Catch Problems: Pets can’t communicate in detail with their humans, which can make finding any issues with your pet difficult in the early stages. When you bring your pet into our animal hospital, our doctors can complete a full wellness exam to ensure your pet is healthy. We can check blood work, vitals, and other data to measure your pet’s progress and identify any potential issues. Catching problems early means we can treat them before the issue becomes more serious.
- Save Money: Regularly attending pet exams even when your pet seems to be doing fine can help detect potential issues before they become serious. This helps offset emergency vet fees and potentially expensive treatments, saving you money in the long run!
- Reduce Pet Anxiety: Many pets don’t care for the vet’s office because it’s unfamiliar and scary. Attending a regular exam allows you to help your pet learn that good things can happen here! We’ll develop a relationship with your pet and give plenty of affection along with our exam, helping to create positive associations.
- Ask Questions: A pet exam is a great time for you to ask our animal doctors any questions you may have or voice any concerns that you have noticed with your pet over the past year. When we know which symptoms your pet might be exhibiting, we know which additional tests to request to learn more information.
Cornerstone Animal Clinic offers comprehensive pet exams for your peace of mind. We’ll build a relationship with you and your pet to develop trust and work to locate any potential issues before they become serious. We work with pets and their owners from throughout the Dallas, TX area.